3.17.2008

Two Years Later...

Yeah, it's that time again...two years later...:) But that's not why I'm writing. I'm really just writing now because I need to set the record straight. After everything that has happened over the last two years, the comments I left online are no longer true.




  • I wrote and defended my prospectus last September. Well, I wrote the thirteenth and final draft of the prospectus, and my advisor liked it! Then, I revised it again...finally, I filled out a ton of paperwork, had to reapply to the department, etc. and defended that bitch.


  • Since then, I've written Chapter One and am part way through Chapter Two...I'm not posting any of it here, but I will someday.


  • Also, I've successfully spent eight months without a cig. I went absolutely bonkers in the beginning, but have recovered control and returned to my previous, slightly-less-insane self.


  • And finally, most importantly, I'm going to be a father...in like, one month. The process has been more fun for me than for Allison, but I still think it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. We're excited as all get-out and the baby's going to be damn cute if she takes after her mother.


So what I said before, that's not really how things stand. I thought I'd be stuck in Prospectus-Limbo for the rest of my life, but now I know it was only for about a decade. I'm going to need to come back here more often, but I make no promises...especially since that kid's on the way!



If I'm allowed, and I know I am, since I'm writing this for myself, I'd like to shout-out to Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson, two cooks that have helped me pack on 18 pounds of sympathy weight during Allison's pregnancy and have taught me a few great new recipes.

1 comment:

EPR said...

I edited this post as the picture of Nigella that I had up before somehow became unlinked. This one is, perhaps, better anyway...at least, the message is correct!