3.18.2008

The Check Engine Light...


The Check Engine Light makes me feel as though I am a true Renaissance man instead of being just a Renaissance scholar...and you know what? That little light is right. I took my car (a silver, 4dr, v6, Honda Accord LX) to AutoZone and they patched into the computer outlet behind the ashtray. Yeah, I knew it was there. Anyway, they said that cylinder 3 isn't firing, though you just have to rev the engine to hear that it is. So I'm going to replace the plugs, distributor cap, and cables. I did this twice before, once on a bitchin' 94 Aspire and once on a 93 Accord; I figure I can do it again. The big question is when will I get around to it. I don't know. If I get eight pages written tomorrow morning, I'll take the early afternoon and do it. Otherwise I'll put it off until it cuts into my Easter weekend.
I'd like to retract the last post where I wrote that I freaked out over the warning signal from my car, but it wouldn't be honest. And in a way, I like the Check Engine Light; it represents the conscience. It warns you that things may soon break down or get out of hand if preventive measures aren't taken...now, if I could only listen to my inner Jiminy Cricket as well as I responded to the light on my dashboard I'd be just ducky.

No comments: