3.18.2008

I Knew I Was Old When...

I awoke this morning at 4:00am. Yup. 4am. That's too damn early for anyone, even if you're a morning person like me. I didn't really know what to do with myself when this began happening a year or so ago, but I've figured it out now. I just get up and go to work, since work means writing the dissertation, I've found it actually helps having Allison at home (asleep) so that I have a bit of pressure to stay on track and not get distracted doing things I shouldn't...whatever that means...

Anyway, my check engine light came on last night while driving home from the small business college where I teach Monday evenings, and I almost immediately freaked out. You see, I don't really know anything about cars. I mean, I know the basics, and I'm really a very good all-conditions driver, but the Check Engine light is something altogether different. I'm going to have to take it to an AutoZone to check out what the car's computer says is wrong. Let's hope it's not expensive! (More to follow once I figure out what the problem is...)

No comments: