3.26.2008

"I was in this prematurely air-conditioned supermarket and there were all these aisles..."

...and there were these bathing caps that you could buy that had these kind of Fourth-of-July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue, and I wasn't tempted to buy one, but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach.
~dj BC GlassBreaks

Really, the first song on Glassbreaks is the best; I mean, who doesn't love mashing up Philip Glass with the Beastie Boys. I know I love it!

But this isn't at all what I've really been listening to; the lyric just got stuck in my head. I've been listening to Karajan's deutsch grammophon recordings. I don't know, for some reason I seem to like his stuff for the modern composers, though he's nothing compared to Jordi Savall for the Medieval or Renaissance pieces I like to listen to as I write.

1 comment:

cokebottleglasses said...

I just saw Einstein on the Beach at the LA Opera. Mind blowing. 2 more days in LA and then it tours and it is the last time with these guys (Glass, Wilson and Childs). So glad I live in a time where I can see this live!