3.18.2008

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, I Need, I Need...

Man, I've been jonesing for an IPhone for a long time now, and my sister brought hers with her last weekend...and it's hot...

Add to this that I just saw at&t selling refurbed IPhones for $250 with a contract extension and I think I may finally get my undeserving mitts on one. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a bad guy at all. I've devoted my life to teaching, literature, and being a good husband (reverse that order...) but I'm not good at all about delaying pleasure. When I've got an itch, I scratch it. But this can't be said about things that require either a) any significant amount of cash, or b) any significant amount of time. Because of point a) I'll probably never be able to swing an IPhone before I finish my dissertation or get a serious job outside of Fort Wayne. Because of point b) I had to leave off my torrid, year-long love affair with World of Warcraft (which was a great thing, mind you, since it turned my brain to mush and bugged my eyes out of their sockets).

So what will become of my obsession? I have no idea; I suppose I'll just keep drooling and dreaming, even past the stimulus checks we're supposed to get--I've got a kid on the way, remember?--but someday...maybe...I'll scratch that itch.

No comments: